Sunday, April 15, 2012

65 Gets Better and Better

Today I celebrated the big 65 with my Sis and my Mom.   My Sis is such a sweetie, she plans the lunch surprise local, picks me up and drives us all to the destination! 

When I say drive, I mean drive, we drove out to Aldergrove, we drove through beautiful downtown Langley, we drove down Highway 10, we drove down Highway 15, we drove down 16th Avenue, to South Surrey, and stopped by a "turkey" place where my sister gets all of her turkeys from, which happened to be across the street on King George Highway from a Curiosity Shoppe, that was there when we were little kids and apparently used to go into, although I don't remember doing that.  The original owner was from Kelowna, and had moved to "White Rock" back in the day, and lo and behold, the little place is still there, still open.  Long story longer, we drove for over an hour, until . . .

We arrived at today's adventure destination, which was The Roadhouse Grille in South Surrey.

http://www.roadhousegrille.ca/retro.html

I had heard from my mom many a time, how wonderful this place was, retro arbourite tables and chairs, all sorts of wonderful memorabilia and delicious food!  She was so right.

 The planners and driver my wonderful dates for lunch!

When we arrived we were taken to our table. As soon as you walk into the Retro Dining Room your eyes jump here, your eyes jump there.  So many wonderful things on the walls.  While my eyes were scanning the room I hear the word "SURPRISE" and I thought to myself, I thought, wow a great place for a get-together, not thinking that the "SURPRISE" WAS FOR ME!   Who was sitting there with cameras and smiles and balloons, but our 3 daughters.  They got me, and got me good.  What started off as a super afternoon, turned into a spectacular afternoon! Dang, they all know how to keep a secret that's a fact.

 Amy and Mom

 Madeleine, Cathy and April

Happy, Happy, Happy Me with Amy and my Mom


 The balloons tied to the back of my chair

 Self-timer picture, thanks to Amy's superlative skills!

I am well and truly loved! 

Wow, ladies, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for today.  I am feeling the love and I love you all right back!


No comments:

Post a Comment