Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday's Pound-foolish

The word "pound-foolish" according to The Miriam Webster dictionary means: impudent in dealing with large sums or large matters. 

I'm not sure it is an apt heading for today's Blog, but it struck a chord with me so you are stuck with it!

I started off today thinking I'd use this picture for today's blog.

How many weights do you have on your, vintage from first year Ikea came to Richmond, coffee table?

Then we went out for a walk in the glorious sunshine, blue skies, black clouds, and warm on our faces.  We walked past the skunk lillies that I showed you a few weeks back. There are way more there now. 

 Up on a hillside above the stream.  My Beloved and I joked that they are Mother Nature's answer to Daffodils

 The lush green leaves remind me of dandelions, although much, much larger!


The sun peeked out just as I took this one.  My fave of the day.

It was so beautiful down there today.


And while I was at it, since this blog is turning into a mini Sunday-Update, thought I'd show you that our "penny collection" container is starting to have some coinage. I also got to thinking that now that the copper penny is no more, it will take us longer to fill said container, but it will be worth more!

.68cents already, that's not too bad!

Picking up pennies, watching the greenery grow, even contemplating lifting those weights, it's a lovely, lazy, sunny Sunday all mine to enjoy.

May your day be uncomplicated and joyful too.

Happy Sunday.





No comments:

Post a Comment