Saturday, February 18, 2012

9 Years

Today I remember my Dad.  It has been 9 long years since he died and today it feels as raw and sad and empty as it was that fateful morning as I sat vigil at his bedside in the hospital in 2003. 

My Dad and his brothers and sister and Mom.  My Dad is the sweet young lad in the dark sweater, back left!  The amazing thing is that when we all visited Winnipeg together, that house was still there.

 This is my all time favourite of Dad and I at Stanley Park.


This was a common and recurring theme at my parent's home on the Fraser Highway.  Packing in as many of their Grandchildren as they had, for a sleepover.  This was pre-Amy and Bryan.  Our nephew Bobby was living back in Orillia or he would have been there too!  Just look at the happiness on my Dad's face.

One of the last pictures of my dad out in his garden.  He had a green thumb and could grow those Lillies like no one's business!  His garden always looked so beautiful.

Our family was well and truly blessed and even though I knew that it wouldn't always remain the same, I miss him terribly.  He was our "crazy glue", the one that though his gentle ways, held our family together.  I thank God in heaven above for giving us this beautiful man.


No comments:

Post a Comment