Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lucky Neighbour

I love summertime for many reasons, but this one is right up there with eating the ripe blueberries picked from our bushes--hanging clothes up on a clothesline.  Nothing beats the freshness of the crispy towels after they've been hung out to dry on the line.

Ever since we moved from our townhouse  back in the 70s, we've always had a clothesline.  The best kind are the ones attached high up on a pole or in a tree, with a pulley.  Pinning the item up, and pushing the line along.  Remember the gizmos that hold the two lines together when it gets heavy?  I still have mine, just in case, and the nifty bags that are hold all your clothespegs? I guess you could say that I'm just an olde school kind of girl.

Today we were out walking and I saw just the kind I love, only this one kicked it up a notch.  You see, the metal pole was in one yard, and it had two pulleys on it, with one extending into the neighbouring yard for both to use.  Wow, lucky neighbour is all I can say!

Isn't that cool?

As for us, I have that three sided affair planted into the ground, in a concrete base.  Not the same, but it gets the job done, and the towels still feel as crispy.  I dream that one of these days I too may have a pulley type, but until then . . .


Mr. Pluffalump just hangin' out!

I don't know about you, but with the impending threat of a light snowfall in our immediate future, I cannot wait for Summer to roll around once again!
Wishing you a Happy Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment