Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Shrove Tuesday!

In honour of Shrove Tuesday, I will be stuffing my body with at least 2 pancakes and living dangerously, a slice of ham.  Can't wait!  As a child, we celebrated Shrove Tuesday with Pancakes for supper.  Always a lovely treat. 

I got to wondering, what "Shrove" meant, and I found a link.   I knew of course, being the good Lutheran that I am, that Shrove Tuesday always preceeded Ash Wednesday, the beginning of the Lenten period.   If you scroll down the page at the link below,d you'll find out the meaning of Shrove and lots of other interesting facts!

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/shrove.html

So in honour of the day I present to you, the following.


What says Pancake Day any better than the fixins and beads to toss?

Getting ready to stuff this pinata to the brim for Mardi Gras fun for the Sunday School children's enjoyment and sugar high!

Here's hoping you get your fill of all the day has to offer, in a good way of course.

Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment