Monday, May 28, 2012

Exhausted but Relieved

Last night my poor little momma ended up in Emergency after collapsing on the floor.  Thankfully the beautiful, "B.B." was there when it happenend and she called the paramedics.

It was a long terrible night for my mom but we are all thankful that she was released this afternoon and is now resting comfortably in her cozy bed.

I send out love and gratitude to Cathy and Cliff who were first on the scene at the hospital, and to Cliff's Momma who came over to look after the 6 kids while they did so.  Also grateful to My Beloved who wouldn't take no for an answer and drove me to the hospital and picked me up in the wee small hours, 5:30 a.m. to be precise.  Lovin' goes out to my nephews Bryan and Bobby, my Brother "R", who were also in Emerg., and my daughters and nieces who sent love and e-mails for Mom and I.

It was only when mom was finally sleeping comfortably, and all the tests had come back normal, that I made for home.

I took these pictures with my iPod this morning.

All eyes were glued to this monitor watching the vital signs, it was good to finally see some improvement!

A hardworking Paramedic on Nightshift.  I saw him several times during the course of the night.  He's filling out all of the paperwork on the most recent patient. (5:15 a.m.)

When I went outside to call My Beloved I spied this "drawing" (I was too tired to actually take notice, it may be an ink drawing) in one of the ER cubicles.  I believe this spot was actually converted to a cubicle after its' initial life as a hallway!  I imagined that if you were a patient laying here, it would be nice to look at an original work, something non-medical.

I am grateful for the care and attention mom received in the hospital last night.  They were attentive and kind.  Thank You Langley Hospital staff.

I am grateful, Happy Monday indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Granny must have been so grateful to have you there by her side. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Love, I couldn't leave her until I knew. xx

    ReplyDelete