Monday, May 21, 2012

My Little Corner of the World

This has to be my favourite spot in the house, in my office slash children's dining room slash craft room--my bulletin board and bookcase top loaded with badges and memoriabillia.


The board started out simply as a way of me displaying all of the badges we've collected over the years.  I hadn't realized how many until we moved 7 years ago.  As we were packing up I kept finding them in a box here, a little pouch here, a drawer there and "I thought to myself I thought", I'm going to display these!   This was before Pintrest!  Since the board went up, my Granddaughter Abby gave me a little red feather.  An assortment of badges came my way via Coco, Carly and Caroline who volunteered to add their badges to the board as well.  There are badges from all of our kids and my Dad had some too which are on there as well.  I love the big yellow "happiness is Osoyoos, BC", and all of the 100 Good Times badges from Richmond's Centenary!

As the board progressed I had to add, some lucky horoscopes, a sweet little pink banner Amy made for me when she was a little girl, (you can see her picture peeking out!), a little book mark made by one of our girls (sorry dear Child, I can't remember who made it!), a little cloth purse sewn by our Grandson Cameron when he was about 4, original pages of ripped story books from our children's books still waiting for me to find the books to tape them into (Good Night Moon, and a Kitty Cat book whose title I can't remember). Also a little paper bird egg My Beloved made when the kids were over a zillion years ago and I couldn't bear to part with.  All of these things, including the old typewriter on which the Grand kids love to leave me messages even though it needs a new ribbon; the little elephant and lion from My Beloved's teaching days, and a little LOVE cross-stich from my beautiful Mother-I-L add up to My Little Corner of the World. 

A crowded little corner it is, but one which means so much to me and makes me smile as I look at all of the history on that wall.

I think every house has a little corner of the world tucked away, I wonder what memories yours evokes for you?

Happy Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment