Friday, May 25, 2012

Nanny 911 Challenge Accomplished

As I told you yesterday, I've been couch surfing at our daughter April's house for the past two nights.  After an early morning start, a cuppa java and some laptop time, my two grandchildren woke up and the day began.

I love the sleepy little smiles.  I love eating breakfast with them.  I love pretending they have something on little faces, just so I can get an extra close up look, and steal a kiss or two in the process.  I'm extremely guilty of the last part! 

I love the excitement of a 2 year old when he sees a bus (we saw several), or a "huge truck", or a tractor working in the field, or a digger working on a job site, or a fire engine!  We saw them all.

I love the creativity of a 5 year old, when she asks me if I had a bug would I make a bed for it to sleep in?  Or, would I let a caterpillar sleep in my bed?  Oh no I would not I tell her.  Well, what if she dressed up as a caterpillar, and surprised me?  Oh yes, I said, I'd sleep with that big caterpillar.

Somehow or other, My Beloved and I don't have exciting sightings or funny "what if" moments like that.  Only when you are around the Grands, do you get these precious moments.  This Nanny has put them in the precious moments bank, ready to be replenished at a given moment when I'm with them.

Being with their Mommy is awesome too.  We catch up on stories, we catch up on big things, and little things as we sip our tea and eat cookies.  The quiet time after the kids are in bed, the brief span before Mommy has to get to bed as her morning starts very early.

The best{h} part for all of them?  When daddy comes home from his business trip and walks through the front door. Why I believe I can hear their squeals of delight from here! 


Ready for the day!

Abby holding Huddy's head so he'd look at me, cause that's what big sisters do!

You never can tell what part of your day will turn into a precious moment or two.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the Nanny 911 Rescue! We love you. Love looking at photos when I'm not at home with the kids! A & H love you so and asked about you the next day..."where Nanny?" asked H. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My job is done when the kids ask after me! Guess that's because I'm missing them at the exact same moment!

    ReplyDelete