Saturday, June 16, 2012

Celebrate 91

Today we Celebrated my Mom's 91st Birthday. 

At first she said, no party, but then, she got to thinking that a family party would be a good idea.  I for one am so glad she decided that!

Helping celebrate were Mom's 3 children-my sis and my brother and myself, 6 of 7 grandchildren, and 11/14 great grandchildren.  Missing, because exciting things are happening in their world next week, were April and Nick and Abby and Hudson.  Even in this crowded house, they were missed! Also Catie-Rose, she was away at a little friend's house and Kayla.  We missed them too!

The place was plug full of noisy adults and playful children.  It doesn't get any better than that!

Here are a few pictures:


 The Guest of Honour, my beautiful Mom!

I love how when daughters and father's get together, something needs to be remedied!  Although I can't remember what the "issue" was, this was the case with my brother and beautiful niece Andrea!
This is my "if only" picture.  If only my Mom had been looking at me too, this would have made a perfect picture.  In any event, I loved how they both were sitting in very similar positions.  The Matriach and the Baby of our family!
 
Me-self and our Grandson Colby, who is just now recovering from a very bad bout of flu and now an ear ache.  He's lost so much weight poor little dude!

Two of my dear sons through choice, Tyler and Cliff!  Now if I just positioned Cliff a tech to the right, it would look as if that lamp shade was growing out of his head!!!!  Yes indeedie, I am an awesome photographer.

Another Dad and Daughter Combo, this time Cathy with My Beloved and snuggled right on his lap, Coco of the dimpled little face!

Claire, growing up so fast, taking care of her cousin Colby, who was telling Nanny that his "chips" were all gone!
 Cameron just waiting to chow down!  Looks yummy my love!

My mom received many calls today while were there.  Poor little thing I'm sure she couldn't hear a thing.  Our daughter Amy looking as glam as glam can be!  This may be the only shot I've got of her, sorry Bird.

 My beautiful niece Riki with her Momma!

 My nephew's son who played hide and seek with me all afternoon, guess he heard about my talent for turning pictures into disasters.  He is SOOOOO sweeet!

The beautiful Ms. B.B. who stays with my mom.  What a blessing she is to our family!  Here she is chatting with my nephew Bryan whose son is shown above.

 My nephew's wife and my niece Andrea catching up.

 Aw here's my great-nephew named the Evanator, with his lovely Auntie.

My Sis and her sons!

 Sweet Caroline and her funny sis, Carly.

 Andrea and her Beloved, Kirby.

 Mattie and Ollie (sadly, no picture of Ollie's big brother!)

Caroline showing me the new tooth coming in, captured whilst she was still eating!  My gosh when I look at this photo of her, I see how much she and Cameron look alike.

I was so pleased to get a picture of these two cousins together and when I downloaded them I laughed myself silly at the face The Evanator was making!

Two perky ladies!


I love these two pictures, my mom and her great-grandson Evan helping to blow out the candles
Then the pure delight on mom's face because he helped.  Pure awesomeness!
My Beloved with Baby Bird

A Momma and her "kids"

Anyone can tell you that families are both a blessing and an annoyance. Some days you'd walk out on them forever and then the next you'd be wondering "how you got so lucky".  Our lives are like the roller coaster many days--some ups, some downs, but oh the rush!  We are blessed by the unconditional love we received from both our Mother and our Father. 

Thank you Mom. 
A toast to many, many more!

How was your roller coaster ride today?
Happy Saturday.


1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures you made, Allyson. Indeed you all had a very cosy and nice party. Again another pearl on the chain of remembering.
    Marion.

    ReplyDelete