Monday, June 18, 2012

He of the Magnetic Personality!

We have this wonderful friend named Ken known far and wide and loved by many.  Today we were fortunate to meet for lunch.  My Beloved and I, Ken and his beautiful bride, Eva.

If you have been fortunate enough to have met Ken (and I know I have lurkers out there who have), you would most likely agree with me that Ken has a magnetic personality. 

Ken, our former Pastor, our friend and for me, a former co-worker.  He,  the Pastor, I, the office administrator at Our Saviour Lutheran Church in Richmond. http://www.oursaviour.ca/   Ken Baptised My Beloved, 2 of our daughters, Amy and April; Officiated at Cathy and Cliff's wedding, also at Amy and Tyler's.  He's even  Baptised a couple of our Grandchildren. 

I was the lucky one who got to work with him!  We were "spouses" on our Costco Membership and he jokingly used to introduce me as his "older sister", cheeky man that he is!  The best thing about working with him was that I learned so much about what it is that makes for a Pastor, and all that it entails, and in the process we became good friends.  This man, in his walk of faith, living his life by example, by his acts of gentleness, compassion, wisdom and humour. Even though he is long retired, this "gentle-man" continues to be a blessing to those around him and for us, a blessing in the lives of our family.

We four had a terrific lunch and played catch-up on what's happening in our lives.  The time just flew by and there were still so many topics we hadn't chatted about but, it was time to go.  Next time Ken and Eva, next time!

While we were looking at the menu, I noticed that my implements were magnetised, My Beloved and Eva tried theirs--nope, then Ken tried his--of course they were!  So very much like my friend, he of the magnetic personality!

I wonder, if you met someone today that you felt drawn to?  If you can, foster that relationship, if you are lucky enough, it will blossom into something wonderful!

Happy Monday Everyone.

3 comments:

  1. What a great picture of one of my favourite people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great picture of one of my favourite people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Kristen, he' one of mine too!!!

    ReplyDelete