Friday, June 22, 2012

Freshly Picked

This morning My Beloved and I visited a local berry farm called Krause's.    What an operation they have going there, wow.  check out their link and you'll see what I mean:  http://www.krauseberryfarms.com/

At 10:30 in the morning there were probably  a hundred people at the berry farm--picking, shopping, drooling, munching.  As it was still fairly early in their day, or, because so many had the same idea, we only got this one large box.  They'll be gone by tomorrow.  Oh well, there's always next week, and when we go again, I'm going to stay and have strawberry shortcake, or strawberry pie, or a strawberry shake or smoothie!    You can be sure it will be "strawberry something!" and I can't wait!


Save some for me Mr. A!
Driving home with our strawberries My Beloved took me on a short part of his up and coming GranFondo route.  Along the way we passed several turf farms.  There are acres and acres of lovely, weed-free turf, read fertilized to the hilt.  I snapped this one shot. 


I was visualizing my dear friend, Ann sitting on her John Dere riding mower and smiling away while she was cutting it and it made me laugh outloud!  

Happy Friday!




No comments:

Post a Comment