Sunday, June 3, 2012

Wax Be Gone

Our kids, April and Nick, volunteered to take over 60 candle holders, wax laden candle holders that is, home to clean them.  They are used at their Church, at Mass, for the school children.

When I was over there a few weeks ago, I noticed a number of them residing in the freezer and as the kids correctly intued, the wax comes off more easily.  Nick had already done many, I finished up the rest.

The freezing worked well, but there was still so much more to remove, so I volunteered to take them home to finish them up.  Here are some pictures from yesterday's cleanup.
The Box

The Process

It was a sunny afternoon, so I set up a workstation outside on the deck.

Hot, hot, very hot water immersion!

Nearly done!


I loved the shiny,reflective shadows in these pictures.

Next Step:  Take them inside for their final bath.





All washed up and ready for a rinse.
 Waiting to dried

6 broken candle holders, well actually 3 chipped, 3 cracked.  I intentionally took this picture with my calendar showing.  Enlarge to see what it says on June 2nd!  How apropos!


Back in the box ready to be returned.


All ready for next year's Mass.  One day someone, who knows it may even me, will be washing these up for my Granddaughter Abby and possibly Grandson Hudson's Grade 6 Mass.

Many hands make the work "light".

Happy Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. And indeed, during these coming (school) years you already passed on the "light" for them.
    Lucky Abbygail and Hudson with this lovely grandma/nanna. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I forgot to write my name ;0)
      Love from Marion.

      Delete