Monday, June 25, 2012

Pottery

A few days ago, two of our Granddaughters asked their Papa if he could "fix" their pottery.  Claire had made a pot with a lid, but the handle on the lid broke off.  Carly made a cup, but the handle came off.  I'm not even sure how he got them, perhaps the girls had brought them with them in anticipation of Papa saying "yes".  Of course he said yes!

These creations brought a smile to my face because their Papa had done this type of repair many a time for our own daughter's creations. 

One that comes to mind because I had it on my dresser for well over 20 years was Amy's blue cat.  Both little ears snapped off and My Beloved fixed them.  I dusted that sweet little cat all those years waiting for Amy's babies to be born so I could pass it on.  It now resides in her children's room as sweet and precious as ever.  I hope it survives.  If not, I know just the man for the job!

All fixed and awaiting delivery!

I hope you had a happy memory today.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment