Saturday, August 11, 2012

Night Lights

Some people, myself included, get so excited to see fireworks light up the sky.  They are so beautiful. 

Well dear reader, I too am excited about night-time lights and I'm not referring to the stars or moon.  Nothing major, just some lighting in on our back deck.  They are not even costly, but for one reason or another, we just never got our act together and purchased any.  Not until this summer that is.

Last night I slipped outside just before midnight and took these pictures of all of the lights making things purdy on our deck at night.

I love my string of solar lights hanging around on a metal panel.
If you enlarge this picture you will see that these are actually a reflection on the venetion blinds that are inside my office.  A very cool effect.

My Ikea finds, our Solvinden lights which I will take inside before the monsoons hit.  If the power goes out, these will be an awesome source of light, especially when I'm hunting for the candles and matches.

One of the 4 the solar lights in my flower pots, My Beloved picked these up for me!


And last, but not least, these pretty little blue lanterns (we have 2 strings of them), a gift from Amy and Tyler.  They really jazz things up under our canopy!

* * * *

A sweet little story before I sign off for today.  When I am over at our daughter April's house babysitting, and it involved putting the kids to bed, I always ask Abby, do we turn off the light before you go to sleep?  To which she   replies, no, it turns itself off.  "Okay" say I, "sweet dreams, God Bless you honey", blow her one last kiss,  shut the door and smile.  You see, it is her Momma who shuts it off each night while our Abby sweetly sleeps.  Those are precious moments.

I hope your night lights bring a smile to you tonight.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment