Monday, August 27, 2012

Passing By

Today we walked on a lovely pathway going eastbound, on a pathway I haven't been able to walk on for months and months.  The last time we walked it was Winter with just a touch of Spring in the air.  Today nearing the end of Summer the route has changed so much.  For one thing it came to life!

The City has been hacking away at all of the bramble bushes, which is a good thing because as wide as the pathway is, those prickly brambles were starting to lay their vines over the pathway.

Another thing we noticed was this magnificent Oak Tree.  Last time we saw it, it was just trunk and branches.  Today, luxurious shade!

Another interesting thing we noticed, are the individual gardens that people plant on the Green space between their homes and the walkway.  They go to so much care and trouble and quite frankly, I'm shocked that they are not destroyed by those that get a charge out of such things.  Corn and beans and everything else grows abundantly and undisturbed.  It's really quite wonderful.

I took some pictures of one of these gardens to share with you.






These flower petals were so soft, you could barely tell you were touching them.  Amazingly different from the prickly leaves of the plant.

If it grows outside of its' fence is it fair picking?


 Next Summer I want to plant this vine beside our back deck!

These flowers reminded me of my Dad.  We always received the most beautiful bouquets from him at this time of year.  I miss Dad and these flowers even more than ever now!

I hope the waining days of August are being kind to you.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I believe those are dahlia's. So beautiful and lush this time of year. I didn't know Papa grew these as well as peonies. I miss him too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love the dahlias April! Thank you, I thought that's what they were but didn't wan't to type it in, just in case. You know your Papa, he has such a lovely Green Thumb. I'd grow them too, but I think you have to lift the bulbs(?) not the name, and I don't know exactly what to do with them or when! You had put some purdies on your last blog too! ( :-)) )

    ReplyDelete