Thursday, March 8, 2012

International Women's Day

Today we celebrate 102 years of celebrating Women!  Here's a link should you wish to know more,
http://www.internationalwomensday.com/about.asp

My blog today celebrates all of the women in my life who have done great things, they've become engineers, dentists, cardiologists, physiotherapists, child care providers, pastors, office clerks, opthamologists, health care providers, photographers, teachers, retail clerks, beautiful stay at home mommas, complaint department front liners, hairdressers,  artists, emergency responders, you name it, they run the gamut.  So many to be thankful for.  Contributing so much to life, and to the to lives of others around them.  THANK YOU!!!

I remember when I was growing up, my Mom worked.  She was a rare breed of providers and when I was really small I didn't like it, because I remember wanting to be with her.  When I was a teenager, I can actually remember being embarassed to tell anyone that mom worked.  Can you imagine being embarassed about that today?  My Mom was the original Warrior Woman, she'd do battle outside the home and then in the home.  She along with my Dad too of course, kept us sheltered, clothed, loved and fed. She passed along her joy of reading, the love of singing, and along the way taught me how to be a good citizen. Now she may not be recognized as a mover and a shaker out in the big-wide world, but to me, to us, she is and was.  Thank you Mom for all that you did and continue to do for us.  I love you very much.  Happy Women's Day!




Two original Warrior Women that I love!  My Mom, seated, and My Beloved's Mom* standing.

*My Beloved's Mom also worked outside of the home, she worked very hard at Janzen's sewing piece work and then at The Bay downtown in the wool department, all the while taking loving care of her children, her husband and house and hearth!  I love you Mom, thank you.  Happy Women's Day!

I hope you take a minute to think about all of the women in your life that have crossed your path.  Send up a silent Thank You to them, or call them or text them just to let them know they've been thought of today!

Happy Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Mom!! You are the best. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Babes, you make me that way, but thank you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete