Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Look What We Found!

I found a lucky penny today and added it to the jar.

The jar, well technically it's a little plastic applesauce container, was full, so I decided to count up our finds.

To give you a better idea of how much was in the little container, check this picture out --
A healthy little sum!  Guess how much?

I added this to the bigger jar and just about filled it right up.  Now you may be wondering, what's with filling up one container and transferring the contents into another.  Well it's this way, when you first put out this huge jar, it feels like, and realistically is like, it will never get filled up!  The little container feels less discouraging.  All I know it's been a while since we've filled up the jar, I'm guessing 3+ years.  The last time we'd found $25.00 in bills so we ran a Guess How Much Contest without going over and our son-in-law Tyler came the closest.  Sorry can't recall how much it was.   Today's little jar contained a grand total of $9.21 including some broken pennies and mangled dimes.

   


This jar won't hold another complete applesauce container, so I'll have to get it rolled up.

I guess you could say:


our streets are paved with gold, or copper or nickle!

Sure hope you made a happy find today.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment