Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Start of Violet Season

After last night's torrential rain and wind, I put on my bright, pink, crocks and did a turn about our yard, checking out Winter's damage.  It's bleak house out there I tell you, improvements need to be made at every turn of the corner!

Despite my lack of gardening skills, things are sprouting, and it makes me feel so happy.  That plus the sunshine made a totally unexpected appearance and  it felt so warm you couldn't help but feel good.  Thank you Mother Nature!

My greatest surprise the first Winter we lived here was the discovery of "Violets".  Not the type I always bought in Safeway, but the outdoor variety with a totally different look.  Other than the colour purple, the two don't even look related.  I have a particulary lovely cluster at the side of our house, but it's not quite ready for primetime.  Another smaller cluster is, just barely, blooming, if you look closely you will see them.


"It isn't raining rain you know, it's raining violets"

Soon our lawn out back will have little patches here, and little patches there.  I just love the start of Violet Season.

What did you discover today?  I sure hope you had a lovely discovery too.

Happy Thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment