Saturday, March 24, 2012

When Family, Friends, and Visits Collide!

Don't you love when this happens?

Through the miracle of Bloggerland and Facebook, new friendships have been formed.  Here's the backstory:

Our daughter April's husband's cousin, met and married the beautiful Hege.  Now Hege has a delightful Aunty Marion who lives in The Netherlands.  In addition to myself,  Hege is also a blogger, so are two of our daughters, Cathy and April, also, April's Sister-In-Law, Jolene.  Well Marion would read Hege's Blog, then read all of our blogs too and in this way got to know about us. 

One day on Facebook I received a message from Marion asking to be my "friend", explaining her connection to Hege and how she came to "know" us.  Of course, I said yes.  April and Jolene met Marion on her last visit, so were, I believe already her "friends" on FB.  Cathy, Amy and I were not, but now are.  Time passes, comments and friendship flourished and Marion plans a holiday to see her Niece Hege.  Hege arranged a dinner party for the lot of us and finally last night, we met face to smiling face! 

Back of the back story: 

It also happens that my cousin's daughter, the beautiful Colleen lives in Amsterdam, and it just so happened that Marion was reading all things BC that came her way, including a newspaper that happened to carry an article by, and a picture of, Colleen!   I do believe, but not with 101% certainty that this is the link to Colleen's Blog:  http://stuffdutchpeoplelike.com/   Now Marion remembered that I had family living in The Netherlands and about that very same time, Colleen had put something on FB about having an article in the paper.  I asked Marion if she had that paper, and at the same time Marion was asking me, do I have a relative in Amsterdam!  Incredible.

Marion brought that article along with her and I am going to mail it to my cousin this coming week!  Ah the beauty of the technological highways and byways, you just can't beat it!

Here are a few pictures from last night's feast and visit. 

 The oldest and the youngest party gals, me and our little Granddaughter Annie.


 April doing the honours while Jolene looks on.

 The ladies all!
Cathy, Jolene, April, Annie and Nanny, Marion, Hege and Amy

 One of Hege's adorable sons with his favourite Aunty.  We made snowflakes together!  Why you ask?  I usually cut snowflakes for April and Amy and Cathy each Christmas (not last year as it turned out).  That got Marion interested in how to make them, we did a tutorial via FB, and Marion took pictures of hers and I shared pictures of mine.  Somehow or other Hege's son found out about them, and Marion told him that we were coming and we would demonstrate our skills.  Sadly, mine were very much lacking due to being out of practice!  The little man is holding the one I made for him!

 The Guest of Honour, Marion!

Jolene and Hege

 Just the two of us!

 April and the very sociable Annie

Last night was a terrific  and I thank Hege and her husband for opening their home to we noisy, laughing women.  Ya, and Annie added more than her two bits with all of her beautiful babbling too!  You couldn't ask for a more lively and lovely evening than we had!

Here's hoping that you had a great day today too.

Happy Saturday!


1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures you made, Allyson.
    And you made also a nice story of our "meeting".
    Love greetings from Marion.

    ReplyDelete