Saturday, October 20, 2012

Waiting . . .

Our alarm went off bright and early for a Saturday morning.  It was set for 7:30. We did that for a couple of reasons.
One, so that My Beloved could go help Number 1 Son build a storage shed in preparation of their move.

Two, so that the Telus Service call set up between 8 to 10 this morning, with a 15 minute prep call could be answered by a reasonably awake person.

Well, I did receive a call at 10:35 to be precise telling me that the technician was going to be delayed as the prior job, the job I am assuming he's still at, was taking a bit longer than estimated.  No problem said I, any guestimate of time, say I?  No, but it shouldn't be much longer.  Alrighty then.

Meanwhile, I have cleaned the house-which of course is a bonus.  Looked through a new cookbook-yummy low cal food to come.  Watched the beautiful sun shine in our windows, which in my world equals the lost opportunity of a lovely Autumn walk, and tried to while away the hours.  Still no call.  It's 2:07.

The good news is, My Beloved has just walked in the door, so his day was a success. 

Here are a few pictures taken by our daughter Cathy, who used our camera.  Thanks honey!


 That looks tricky boys!

 Two handsome guys on their saw horses!

Almost ready for prime time!

Earlier in the week I told you we took a whole wack of pictures.  Today's ironically are some of them.

We took these pictures of Telus work being done on 96th!


 Looking down the rabbit hole to our Saturday future?

Day before yesterday the entire portion of the road from 204th to 208th was alive with action as they installed new (lines)?  Say, I wonder if they are still there, perhaps it would be faster if I went and got them instead of waiting for promised technician.

My Beloved looking at our future problem?


Even at 2:22 p.m., I'm pretty sure, that our telephone will be working by day's end.  How's that for optimism?  Wish me luck.

Happy Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment