Monday, October 1, 2012

Fred's Garden

Before raspberry season began, I wrote about a neighbour's garden.   Yesterday in the late afternoon sunlight when I walked up to meet My Beloved, it caught my eye, again.

Tomatoe plants and Red pepper plants laden with fruit. Fred's garden beds laid out so smartly.  When I looked at it it was like a visit to my memory.  Like a picture in a story book.  That's what came to mind when I saw it.  Granted pictures don't always do it justice, so you'll have to be content with my description.

Since seeing the wall of tomatoes and peppers last night, Fred has picked pounds and pounds of them, and removed a plant.  See the bare patch against the wall, that was laden with fruit, but had totally dried out.  Here today, gone tomorrow.

 Another garden bed in another part of the yard.

I'll bet these are going to taste so good.

Fred's bountiful harvest ripening for Thanksgiving.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment