Monday, October 29, 2012

Where's the Beef?

Beginning in early October, we had a beef scare all across this nation of ours. 

It seems that a massive slaughter house  in Brooks, Alberta was resonsible for at least 10 cases of  E.coli, and their products were sold from Coast to Coast to Coast.  Not good. 

Everywhere we went people were talking about returning to their stores, any beef product they had purchased.  Not good. 

I myself have two frozen steaks that keep looking at me when I wonder what to cook for dinner, and so far, I've managed to put some other food on the table rather than those steaks.  I do believe we purchased them well before there was any reason to wonder about them, but the thought prevails.  I can't help myself.

Several years ago when I worked as a Church Administrator in Delta, I passed this local butcher shop in a not so great area of town.  They always had signs up in their window with the daily specials.  They must be doing okay, because 5 years later that same shop is still in business and to my knowledge, nary an E.coli scare.  More power to them is what I say.

They have this unique sign outside on the sidewalk by their driveway.  This is Today's Picture.


Holy Cow

Here a cow, there a cow, everywhere a cow cow!

Happy Monday all!

* * *
My Blog Counter tells me that this is blog 300.
Only 66 to go, I think I'm going to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment