Saturday, July 28, 2012

Oh, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring them "Golden" Bells, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring them "Golden" Bells

Yesterday morning at 8:00 a.m., the bells in the City of London pealed exuberantly to mark the beginning day of the 30th Olympic Games.  Big Ben rang 30 times, church bells across the city were rung, and people rang their own bells, all in great celebration.  It must have sounded awesome.  If I'd have been there, I would have clanged on my cow bell, because you can never have enough cow bell!

Coincidence of coincidences, I tapped on a huge and  wonderful bell today, totally unaware of the significance of this action on this day.  Even just taping on it with my finger, it had such a fine, rich sound.  I can only image how wonderful and loud it must sound housed in a tower.





This beauty is waiting for a bell tower to call home.  I sure hope it gets one, one day soon, it needs to be rung.

What rang your chimes today, huh?

Happy Saturday!



No comments:

Post a Comment