Friday, July 20, 2012

Philosophical "Tagger"

Let me start by saying, that I absolutely hate the fact that people who use spray cans to deface  property have been given a title--TAGGER.  When thinking up today's Blog title, I found that in this instance, Tagger, was the best word.  (Perhaps I'm making a shift in my thinking-I'm open and willing to believe that this may be the case).

About today's Blog--when we moved to The Grove 7+ years ago, our daughter Cathy told me how to find her house using 208th.  She said and I quote: "it's a nice, quiet little back road." 

That was then, this is now.  No longer a quiet little back road but a major thorough-fare to get to downtown, past new condos, towers, homes, in varying states of progress.  Built, soon to be built or in the process of being built.  Soon, a small mall with all the amenities.  All on this on a 2-lane road lined with ditches on both sides.

Formerly this road was lined with huge yards containing little homes, acreage with trees--all wild and overgrown (which I loved), a United Church Camp for Summer programmes, and abandoned homes where squatters resided.  Almost all of the properties now have redevelopment signs, or coming soon signs.




Lately my eye has been drawn to a forlorn house, ready for demolition. 

The yellow portion says:  Sacred Shadows

Each and everytime I drive by, I ponder its' meaning.  Each and everytime, I seem to come up with a different conjecture.  I leave it to you to ponder and decide its' meaning for youself.

Wishing you a very HAPPY FRIDAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment