Sunday, September 9, 2012

Eight

After church today we helped our Granddaughter Catie celebrate her 8th Birthday. 

The first Birthday I really kind of remember was my eighth.  I remember it was so exciting, I had my first "group" Birthday party, and my mom surprised me with a beautiful red dress that she had sewn for me.  It was on my bed when I woke up in the morning.  A homemade, lovely dress! The party was so noisy and fun that our 2 goldfish who were in the same room, died!  They sound like they were even more stressed out than my poor mom after entertaining a houseful of children! 

As far as I know, no goldfish died at Catie's Birthday party!  It could also be because there were no goldfish present!

Catie, our darling granddaughter.  So full of life.  Can do cartwheels like a pro.  Loves to read.  Loves to create things out of paper and glue.  She's a petite young lady.  Has the sweetest little giggle and a love of life.  Exuberant, and shy.  Our Catie Rose she's a special one she is.


A girl can never have enough threads.  Modelling some of her new clothes.



Each child gets to pick the Birthday "Cake".  Sometimes it's a lemon meringue pie.  Sometimes it's a cake, and sometimes it's a variety of wonderful cupcakes.  The Birthday child gets first pick and Catie chose an Oreo Cupcake.


You are adorable Miss Catie!

Wishing you a lifetime of happy days ahead sweet little girlie.  Happy Birthday Catie.

Nanny and Papa love you very much!
xxxooo


Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment