Saturday, September 1, 2012

September Morning Blues

As hard as it seems to believe, September has arrived.  The sun is out, but it's lost some of its' warmth.

When our kids were in school and My Beloved was teaching, September always marked t beginning of a New Year for me.  Not a new year that I embraced with joy.  It meant that routines were about to begin again.  Our little girls were getting older.  The lazy Summer days were behind us. No more sleeping in.  No more picnics in the playhouse or on "Hornby" for them.  September Blues which I tried hard not to convey to any of them.  Only positive statements, oh gee, I wonder who's going to be in your class?  I wonder who your teacher will be?  Can you believe you are going into  Grade X already!  What an old girl you are becoming.  That type of thing.

Now that we are Retired and our little girls have children of their own, I still feel that way for the Grandchildren, but I am ever so grateful that I no longer have the back to school expense of it all!  No homework assignments to help with.  No lunches to be made.  No early mornings.  Whew, I'm getting exhausted just thinking about it!

I thought it was quite fitting that as we walked eastbound on 88th, I looked down and spotted this "maple leaf" on the sidewalk.  It captured my September feelings exactly.

Now that I've cheered you up immensely, I'll take my leave for today.  I'm going to tie on my walking shoes and feel that late Summer, First Day of September, sunshine on my face and arms.

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Motor, do you remember taking us to the PNE the day BEFORE school started? Even I can't do that! How did you & Diesel even come up with such a grandiose plan - to keep our minds off going to school the next day? Well it worked! Love you Mom. Enjoy your sleep in's. You deserve it after many years of taking us to school! Love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do April. I am surprised that you do though. Funny the things you recollect isn't it.
    I think we took you girls for a couple of reasons.
    1) your daddy and I used to go on Labour Day Monday from our first summer of dating right up to the time we had all of you kids. We'd often go more than once.
    2) so, it was to continue a tradition
    3) it was probably just as much for your daddy's sake as you girls, so he could get his mind off going to school too-LOL.
    4) it really was a lovely closing to the summer holidays.

    One day I know you will take your children too. I'm glad you remembered and I'm glad it worked too!

    A late sleep in today (see today's Blog) Thank you very much precious girl. I/We love you too.
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete