Monday, September 3, 2012

Labour Day Loafing

Last night (and into to the wee small hours of the morning) Papa and Nanny babysat our two little Delta sweeties while their Mommy and Daddy helped their friend's celebrate their wedding.

Running after these two little characters kept me on my toes and I noticed they are really a tag-team when it came to me taking pictures of them and getting them to look at me at the same time.  I must have taken 20 pictures of them in the bath and not on one, were they looking at me at the same time.  Little Bums! 

I did manage to get a few lovely pictures despite their best efforts.


Laxin' with The Papa
(and no, we did not buy them the slurpees, the babysiter we relieved did)




I got them all dried off, dressed, storied, covered up, put crosses on their heads, and this old Nanny collapsed on the couch.

The parents got home around 1:00 and April teased that she was going to get yelled at, as in days of old, for coming home so late.  We didn't yell, then or now--honest!  We were happy to see them, to chat for a few and head on home.  Our heads hit the pillows about 2:30.  2:30!! why that's when I usually wake up and have insomnia. 

Needless to say, we slept in.  Hence the title of today's blog:  Labour Day Loafing.  We went for a nice long walk and sat on a shady bench along the way.  Managed to rally enough to get us to McDonald's for a Senior's coffee, bought some fruit and veg at the local market and headed home for a nap!

 My Beloved enjoying our day.

I hope you got to do a bit of loafing today too.

Happy Labour Day Monday!

3 comments:

  1. date-loafin' - looks like a great time had by all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, we did not have any time to loaf around the house. We questioned our sanity at around 2:30pm! Loving this post and photos to accompany it. Those bums do work as a team! Thank you for the late night babysitting job - awesome job! I'm glad you guys got to loaf around all day and sleep in too! {So cute, this morning H asked for Nanny & Papa!} xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy-date-loafin' indeed! :-))

    April-H asked for us, awwwwwwwwwwsers, wish I was there to kiss him good morning too! {You are welcome-our pleasure xxx}

    ReplyDelete