Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Post Labour Day Thanksgiving Breakfast

When My Beloved retired from teaching several years ago, we decided to start a new tradition.  Instead of getting up and heading off to school, we'd get up and go out for breakfast on the first official day of school.  Yes, yes, I know, we often go out to breakfast, but this one is special. 

For me, it is a day  of Thanksgiving. 

I am thankful for the 28+ years My Beloved dedicated to the Richmond School District on our behalf.

Thankful to him for providing for our family so well, so that we could have a home and hearth, lots of great food in our belly's, threads to cover us, and wheels to drive around in.

Thankful too that he no longer needs to go to school.

Thankful for his pension!

Thankful that he is healthy.

Thankful that he has an even better sense of humour than he did when he started teaching.

Thankful for our life together.

Our family has learned so much from this beautiful, gentle man.  We are blessed.

I dedicate today's blog to you Mr. A. with gratitude and love,

Your Biggest Fan,
xxxxoooo 

(This sure beats the heck out of working today aye Honey?  Walking vs. Working, hmmmmmm let me think!)


2 comments:

  1. Perfect post about Dad...you're so right, Mom. After all those early mornings preparing for school (for Dad and us girls), you get to reap the benefits of retired life together. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Love. Just to let you in on a secret--I'd go back and do it all over again! xxx

    ReplyDelete