Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Adieu January!

In this day and age of technology I still find it preferable to keep a "paper" log of my walks. I can see it at a glance.  It sits right on my desk, just to the left of my mouse. 

Seeing the walks keeps me on the straight and narrow I guess you could say, but it also encourages me to keep at it.  In the past six months or so I've also kept track of how many calories I have left, and yes, on some days, overdone.  An instant visual.  I really need that.

Quite a difference in the totals from the first week, 32 miles, to the last week, only 16.5, but it's done.  In total, 113 miles walked in rain, snow, wind and sunshine. In actual distance it means I've walked to Merrit, BC with 4 miles to spare to walk around the town!  http://www.hellobc.com/merritt.aspx?gclid=CJOI38Sh-60CFcrQKgodIDuZOQ 

Not too shoddy I'd say.  I wonder where I will have walked to by the end of 2012 without packing! 

I hope you will stay on my journey through 2012.  I thank each and everyone who has spoken to me about this blog or left me comments.  Your input and support is spurring me on!


Whatever your destination today, I hope you have some fun along the way!

Happy Tuesday all, see you in February!

2 comments:

  1. Every European morning I open my laptop and one of the first things I do is reading your blog!
    It's like a Good Morning to me, contact with the outside world. So now I say: "Good Morning" back when you are waking up.
    This week it's very very cold in nearly whole Europe. During day and night it's below zero and the wind makes it even feel more colder. But... it's healthy weather to walk in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's blog will be more like a nightey night I'm afraid "M"!! Stay warm, and thank you. :-)))

    ReplyDelete