Thursday, January 19, 2012

Life Imitates Art or Vice Versa

Yesterday when My Beloved and I were out walking on the relatively snow free parking lot of the local movie complex, seeing tire tracks in the snow, he recalled a drawing he had done in sketch book from his old Vancouver School of Art days.  That got me to thinking about today's picture(s) and how I might go about incorporating it into today's blog.

Incorporate I did.  Here's the drawing, circa 1962.  I can tell you his teacher liked it, because there is a wee pencilled "x" in the corner.  If you look closely you can see it on the bottom left.

He drew this scene from the second floor window of the old elementary school that housed the first year art students.  A piece of trivia:  the car second from the bottom was his old '53 Chevy.  The same one we had when we got married.


Snow bound car in the neighbourhood. 

Let's make tracks!

I hope the tracks you made today navigated you home safely!

Happy Thursday everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment