Sunday, January 22, 2012

Six Pack Sunday

Sunday morning, the alarm went off rather early for this retired old bird knowing we had to be out of the house by 8:45 today!

We drove over and picked up the Six Pack and took them to church and Sunday School.  Before we can sit down in a pew all to ourselves, there's Greeting to be done, hitting the washroom and then trying to settle everyone down for Worship. After the children's chat, Claire and Carly volunteered to collect the offering, then off the 5 girls went to Sunday School and Cameron because he's in Confirmation now, voluntarily stays with us.

After Worship, there are always lovely treats and juice and coffee and kids to play with and adults to catch up with.  Those treats are going to be the death of me.  Have you tried to limit 6 kids to 2 treats and 2 treats only?  It always seems like it's going to work, but then some little person always manages to skirt the table and help themselves before Nanny can grab them!  I read something somewhere that that's what the kids remember most about attending church, the Fellowship Hall and all the goodies!  Deep down though, at least I hope, they get this feeling of their importance in other's lives, and a general feeling of acceptance and belonging. 

After stuffing themselves silly, we pile back in the van and head back to our place for lunch.  While the kids colour, cut, glue, and create, My Beloved and I prepare pretty healthy lunches, I mean we have to try and counteract all of the sugar!  After a long lunch punctuated with a lot of laughter and yacking and wise-cracking, Nanny and Papa sit with with their coldish coffee while the kids go play in the family room with legos and other toys.  It is a short reprieve before someone wanders in and bedlam, happy bedlam, ensues once again.

Here are a few pictures from our beautiful Sunday.


A nearby neighbour's wickedly fun sense of humour.  The kids got a kick out of it.

Let's eat!



Emergency bandages always seem to be required, Coco's turn today.

 Sprechen de Deutsch anyone?


 Crazy town!

A quiet moment with Coco


Time to go home!  I specifically requested that they not walk in the snowbanks, so when I was locking the door, what do I turn around and see? Ya, 7 of them mushing in the snow.  What the heck, photo op!

Delivered home safe and sound.  The house is extremely quiet-ahhh-and when I post this blog, this Nanny's going to have a long winter's nap.

I sure hope you had some laughter, some sweets, and a nap too on this rainy Lowermainland Sunday.

Peace Out!

2 comments:

  1. This afternoon, when I was folding laundry with Coco, she told me about the "dead guy" in the snow. Now, I understand what she was talking about LOL. Love the photos, and thank you for all that you do for our kids. (and for us!) Love you both. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I should have explained that to her! Carly was so funny, asking "fake" questions, "Hey, are you okay?" "Do you want help out of there?", things like that, I think I got so caught up in the moment, that I forgot to tell the little ones that is was just fake. Even though someone said it was a mannequin, why would I figure a little 4 year old would know that? Glad you love the pics. You are so welcome, they make our day, so thank you for lending them to us! xxx

    ReplyDelete