Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Promise of the Seasons to Come

Each and every Winter when I think about the dormant bulbs beneath the soil, I am still amazed when the green sprouts appear.  This year is no exception.  Escaping the cold, white blanket of snow, the promise of Spring returns just waiting for its' chance at glory.

When I snapped this picture this morning, I realized they are not only amazing, but they've grown since I spotted them on January 12th.



The Force that Through the Green Fuse Drives the Flower
A poem by Dylan Thomas
Copied from:
A Little Treasury of Modern Poetry, Charles Schribner and Sons, 1952

First Verse:

The force that through the green fuse drives the flower
Drives my green age; that blasts the roots of trees
Is my destroyer.
And I am dumb to tell the crooked rose
My youth is bent by the same wintry fever.

* * * * *

In time these Autumn Crocuses will be a green carpet, only to die off and become the most beautiful Fall flowers.

Like these

May your green fuse be used for something spectacular!

Happy Saturday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment