Sunday, January 15, 2012

"Vintage"

Today is my beautiful niece, Andrea's Birthday.  So in honour of this auspicious day, a few pictures of her from her early years.    For some reason I don't seem to have any of her in her "younger" days!)

Andrea is the baby of her family.  I just love this picture on so many levels.  It was taken by my beloved in 1972.  The beautiful smiley sis, is our other delightful niece, Riki.  Her parents as it happens are, my sis-in-law, also my beloved's younger sis, and my brother.  You can see the joy in Andrea's face, it's a look that has endeared me to her from the very beginning!

Another keeper taken on the same day. 

It looks from the table behind them, that we were going to be treated to a sit down dinner at my beloved's parents.  I love the happiness on both of their faces.  The little sweetie-pie on the right is our "Original", Cathy.  Looking at the photo today, I see Annie, our Graddaughter in Cathy's look.  Today also happens to be this lovely couples' Wedding Anniversary.  Sweet Andrea was born on their day of days.  Happiness times two!

Happy Birthday Andrea, U.D. and I hope you are having a marvellous, joyful day!

2 comments:

  1. stumbled upon your new blog (yay!) and i thank you so much for the honourable mention... where have all these years gone???
    i love you. andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found me too! Sure hope you had a super lovely day Andrea. I know, quite honestly I still feel like the young Aunty and Momma that I was in '72. xxx

      Delete