Monday, January 16, 2012

Same Same, Only Different

Out walking in the snow this afternoon with my beloved, we watched these two ducks traverse the frozen waterway, sometimes swimming, sometimes walking, over the frozen ice.  I can't even spot them in this picture they are that far back.

We watched them in amazement and awe just imagining what it must be like to be out in nature during this cold time.  They ended up on the log, the one jutting out from the bank on the right.

When they settled down, we realized that they were positioned very much like the 2 brass birds my beloved bought for me many Christmas' ago.  Hence, the Same Same, Only Different title.  The phrase is a shout out to our daughter Amy, and husband Tyler, who visited Thailand about this time several years ago.  According to Amy this was a very popular phrase used by the vendors. I liked the way Amy told me about her various purchases using this phrase and now I like to use it whenever I can!

Aren't they beautiful?

Same Same, Only Different?

Happy Monday everyone.  Stay warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment