Monday, January 23, 2012

It's Just Like the Movie, Not!

My Beloved and I just returned from our daily walk.  It was kind of a good news, bad news walk today.

The good news, the parking lot at our local movie house is totally bereft of snow, except for the huge piles left behind by the four snow graders.

The bad news, we had to walk around this parking lot 5 times in order to get our daily 65 minutes in!

My Beloved and I take pride in walking just about anywhere: to the movie, to the White Spot, to the bank, to the pool, to the library, to the Sportsplex, you name it, we can pretty well walk it.  The irony of today's walk, and Saturday's as well, is that we had to get in the car and DRIVE there!  I'm "miffed" (that's the polite word I'm using for your benefit) that lazy, able-bodied people have yet to tackle their snowy sidewalks.  They are a slippery, scary nightmare for we walkers.

So what's the point of the title of this blog today you ask?  Well, walking around and around and around and around and around that parking lot reminded me of being trapped in the movie: Groundhog Day with Bill Murray, it never seemed to end.  A reach, I know, but there you have it!





One of the "exciting" views from said parking lot!  Traffic is heading South and North along 200th.  If you cut a right going Southbound, you'd escape from suburbia into Vancouver!  Calgon take me away.

I hope you made an escape of some sort, no matter how short or how small; somewhere in your day!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment