Saturday, January 28, 2012

Joy in the Morning

Nothing but nothing could be more delightful than a room full of little ballerinas dressed in pinks, and florals and stripes and pink and black tutus.  Slippered and barefooted.  Laughing, smiling, joyful children. 

Today because our Number Two Son was working, I had the pleasure of taking our Granddaughter Abigail to her Saturday morning dance class.  I haven't been to a class like this since her momma and her aunties were little girls and had totally forgotten what fun it was!

Here are some pictures from earlier today.


 Abigail's huge big smile never left her face for the entire class!


Our tiny dancer!

After dance class we drove home, and only then did I spot this delightful sign on the blackboard cupboard!  Second only to arriving earlier in the day to find our Grandson Hudson, his sis and his Momma, April clapping at my arrival!  Now that's a welcome!



Some of Abby's art from Kindergarten for Chinese New Year


Girlie things like a pink purse for her eyeglasses, drawings, a purple water cup, a pink hoodie on the chair, a bunny, a ring and a snack bag containing pink Lego!  It seems like only yesterday that it was all about dinosaurs and Thomas the Train!

After lunch we made play dough, momma worked so hard she bent the spoon! 
(Mrs. Krisch take note of Pampered Chef measuring cups -3 for some reason, and the mixing bowl.  Got to love our Pampered Chef products!   :-)   )

One of Abby's creatures

Mstr. Hudson likes play dough too!  What a delight watching him with it.

Poke, poke, poke!

 Roll, roll, roll!




Then he practiced his motor skills of on and off the stick.  Loved his concentration!

What a great day this Nanny had!  Thanks for inviting me to play today April!

Here's hoping that your Saturday morning or afternoon brought you some joy -- spread it around -- like play dough, it's contagious!

Happy Saturday all!

2 comments:

  1. We miss you today Nanny! What a difference it was for me having you over yesterday! Not because you made playdough, took Abby to dance, but being able to catch up and laugh too. We really missed you when you left. Ps. Did you bend my {WEDDING GIFT from Cathy & Cliff!}spoon back before you left? I noticed this morning! :-) xoxo April

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very special visit indeed. I love it when we can catch up and laugh and console each other too!! You, Nick and your children are very, very dear to me. I was telling your Dad all about our visit. I think he was a wee bit jealous-oh well! Special times.
    I did bend your wedding pressie back, I felt so bad but it was very funny. Too bad the picture I took was blurry or it would have been on here too! xxxx Mom

    ReplyDelete